Business RoundtableName: Business RoundtableDate: October 18, 2018Time: 7:30 AM - 9:00 AM CDTRegistration: Register NowEvent Description:Join us for our Business Roundtable. The topic for today's discussion is "Workers Compensation". Flint Walton and Steve Summers from Missouri Employers Mutual will be leading the discussion as well as a resident expert from the Crane Agency. Event sponsored by Midwest BankCentre.
Flint Walton, ALCMTechnical Services and Training Specialist
In this role as Technical Services and Training Specialist, he plans and conducts WorkSAFE training sessions with clients, associations, conferences, business groups, insurance agencies and provides additional on-site safety services. Missouri Employers Mutual routinely provides training for over 10,000 Missouri workers. Flint has presented on a national scale at events such as the
National Safety Council’s Congress & Expo, Public Risk Management Association Conference, and American Society of Safety Professionals. Flint has instructed numerous courses and custom training sessions such as:
- Defensive Driving (DDC-4) – 2008 National Safety Council Trend Setter Award – Training Center
- Insurance and Risk Management sessions focusing on the fundamentals of insurance, controlling costs through proactive safety measures with a focus on understanding the experience rating and experience modifier.
- CPR/First Aid/AED
- OSHA’s Construction Outreach Training Programs 10 & 30 Hour
- Safety Rules! Developing Written Safety Plans
- Risk Management 101: Focusing Your Safety Efforts
- Fleet Safety: Ten Steps to Safer Work-Related Driving
- Simple Solutions: Strategies for Reducing Injuries & Worker’s Compensation Costs
- Eyes On Path: Strategies for Preventing Slips, Trips & Falls
- Supervisor & Manager Roles in Your Safety Program
- Small Business Safety: Understanding Safety and Controlling Costs.
- Positive Workplace Safety Habits
- And more!
Flint Walton joined Missouri Employers Mutual Insurance in 2002. Now with over 29 years of experience in loss prevention, Flint has assisted various types of companies with their safety efforts. He has bachelor’s degrees in both Industrial Safety and Safety Management from the University of Central Missouri. He also holds an Associate in Loss Control Management, Certificate in General Insurance (INS), and is a member of the American Society of Safety Professionals. Flint is a Missouri Certified Safety Consultant and a Certified Field Safety Representative for Arkansas.
Steve SummersSteve Summers has 22 years’ experience in workers’ compensation and risk management, with past positions within the gaming and healthcare industries. He has extensive practice in managing or supervising multi-jurisdictional claims coast to coast, both in the insured and self-insured environments. His experience extends to nation-wide carriers, third-party administrators and self-administered employers.
As a Field Service Manager for Missouri Employers Mutual, Steve works directly with Policyholders to maximize their overall claim outcomes through the use of industry accepted workers’ compensation best practices and effective incident/injury management. He also provides claims technical support and conducts onsite accident and subrogation investigations. Steve serves as direct liaison between the MEM Claims Department and their Agency Partners, striving for mutual new business growth and existing Policyholder retention.
Steve is a graduate of Southeast Missouri State University.